Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New table saw

In an earlier post I said I got a new table saw. My buddy Ted said lets see it. So here it is. It works great. Best of all is it hooks up to my dust collector. So now I can saw in the house without covering everything in dust.

When my old saw quit in the middle of a cut, it left me stuck with no way to continue work on the Guillemot. So I put some stuff on e-bay and got enough money to buy the saw. I looked at the one at Home Depot but they would not deal on the price. Amazon .com had the same saw for $80 less then Home Depot and the shipping was free.

This is the planer that I got from Santa at Christmas. I can not believe how much I use it. It makes all my strips uniform in thickness so that all the beads and coves come out perfect.

It took me a full day to sand the Guillemot smooth. Now with all my strips being planed with perfect beads and coves, The Petrel will probably sand smooth in an hour or two.


It's a good thing that I am building two kayaks at once. The Guillemot is stalled again. I ordered all the epoxy and glass cloth, but the order is on hold for two weeks. At least I have the other kayak to work on until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment