Monday, February 28, 2011

Glassing the deck

Today the UPS driver showed up with my long over due glass cloth and epoxy. I saved BIG money by getting my epoxy from http://www.boatbuilder.org/ . But they were closed down for a family illness for two weeks.
The UPS truck didn't make it out of the subdivision before I had epoxy resin mixing with the slow hardener.

This is one layer of 6oz. fiberglass cloth and the first coat of epoxy. Tomorrow I will put a second coat of epoxy to fill the weave of the cloth. A third coat may or may not be needed to totally fill the weave.


The glass brings out the true colors of the wood.











1 comment:

  1. You have really out did yourself. Wow...does that design and build look great. I can't wait to paddle along side of you this summer.

    ReplyDelete