Saturday, October 2, 2010

Slow progress

Things are moving very slow. Very little progress. We have had a crazy September. Lots of illness and injury with close family members. Lots of time spent visiting hospitals. And at the same time I have had to work extra hours at work to fill in for others.

I do try to work at least 15 or 20 minutes every day on the kayak. I glue a strip and let it dry. Then the next day I glue another strip and let it dry.

A few weeks ago I went kayaking with my friend Ted. He has a Chesapeake 17LT that he built himself. It's the only home built kayak I have ever seen other than our Wood Duck. It is truly a beautiful boat. It is the first sea kayak that I have put my hands on. At first I was scared that I would tip over, but after 10 minutes or so it felt great. Very fast and very smooth. The Wood Duck is a very stable platform but the CH 17LT comes alive in the water. Ted did a fantastic job building his kayak and now he is building a power boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment